#21 dave's clichés

dave's clichés

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

My thoughts were about Panasonic.

Let's hope they keep an adequate supply of spares for this camera, look what happened to Markus when his M8's ( I think it was)  screen went pear shaped. German engineering didn't help there, other than give you a few pounds off the next ferociously expensive model.

(Sorry Markus, just as your wounds were healing too)

#22 borisbg

borisbg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

Anyway aside from the higher resolution finder and 11fps I dont see how this is better to the Sony, especially considering it is more than double the price of the Sony. Aside from the nice build quality obviously. 

Ayoh, I can think of only one thing here: The shooter release of Leica will generate less vibrations than Pacific lock of Panama Canal. I am sure Leica managed to build this camera with much more finess than any camera Sony made so far.

#23 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

As always: crazy prices. Nice mirrorless camera, probably much nicer to use than the Sony A7 series. I did not see any mention of image stabilization?

#24 Rover

Rover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

At least that'll shut up those who are bitching about Sony A7 and FE lenses being "too damn big". :D I mean... this thing looks like it's about the Canon 1 series size!  :o (and the lenses look similar to Canon L f/2.8 ones)

#25 borisbg

borisbg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

One more system for Markus to test?

#26 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

At least that'll shut up those who are bitching about Sony A7 and FE lenses being "too damn big". :D I mean... this thing looks like it's about the Canon 1 series size!  :o (and the lenses look similar to Canon L f/2.8 ones)

Hyperbole is an art form too  ;)

It looks like it is Canon EOS 6D and Nikon Df size.

And of course a 90-290mm f2.8-f4 full frame lens won't be small... Remember that the Sony FE 70-200mm f4 lens is bigger and heavier than the Canon 70-200mm f4 L IS USM? "Mirrorless" does not magically shrink lenses, only lenses which have a relatively short focal length.  :lol:

http://camerasize.co....7,495.107,ha,t

#27 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,372 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

One more system for Markus to test?

Nope :-)

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#28 mst

mst

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,997 posts
  • LocationWesterwald, Germany

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

Fully agree... to be honest: not even remotely interested ;)

(Sorry Markus, just as your wounds were healing too)

Don't worry, Dave, wounds were healed by insurance already ;)

-- Markus
Editor
photozone.de

#29 mst

mst

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Anyway aside from the higher resolution finder and 11fps I dont see how this is better to the Sony, especially considering it is more than double the price of the Sony. Aside from the nice build quality obviously.

My thoughts, too. Seems to me that Leica wants to fill a niche that simply isn't there. Those interested in a full frame mirror-less system already find most of their needs fullfilled with the Sony A-7 cameras and lenses. What's missing in today's A7 cameras can easily be added to future models... and given Sony's usual camera body upgrade frequency, we won't have to wait long for that to happen.

Sony clearly has advantages over the SL in terms of size, price, availability, lenses, AF ("world's fastest"? Oh, come on, Leica...), ergonomics,... And let's not forget that you can adapt almost anything to E-mount. And not just "anything Leica".

If I wanted to invest that much money in a new system and wouldn't mind the size, I'd probably be much more interested in a Pentax 645 than the SL.

-- Markus
Editor
photozone.de

#30 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

... AF ("world's fastest"? Oh, come on, Leica...), ergonomics,... And let's not forget that you can adapt almost anything to E-mount. And not just "anything Leica".

"World's fastest in a Leica", that is...  :D

• Rover likes this

#31 mst

mst

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

"World's fastest in a Leica", that is...  :D

Indeed. Or: "World's fastest AF of all available full frame mirrorless system cameras without phase-detect AF" ;)

-- Markus
Editor
photozone.de

#32 borisbg

borisbg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

Come on Klaus, that would be the easiest system to test. 2+1 lenses to test and it will be over... :D

#33 borisbg

borisbg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

May be Leica is just testing how Leica-market will receive the product, they can afford the gamble.

#34 borisbg

borisbg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Did they mention any aid for manual focusing, in case One wants to use M lenses?

#35 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

Did they mention any aid for manual focusing, in case One wants to use M lenses?

Focus peaking in the very high res. EVF (and on the back LCD of course).

#36 TherVek

TherVek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

I wanted a camera that took manual focus lenses, that had lots of MPs and was full frame. I also wanted it to be an SLR and be reasonable in cost Heres hoping Cosina or Seagull can put that sensor in an old MD mount body at a reasonable price Dusty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de