#101 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Let's see: Introduction to the market of the M3 was April 2015. At that time I had the DP1 Merrill for almost a year and you got yours second hand. Sorry, you lost. May 2014: Arrival of DP3 M, May 2015 DP2 M completed the trio.

:P

First Fuji was around NewYear 2016, with the firmware 4.00. BC, You lost again, because it's only a tiny Canon.  :D And btw. the EVF was onboard of the Fuji. I didn't have to buy an additional EVF-DC1  :rolleyes: That's so sweet.... and the electronic shutter is very silent, maybe someone told you? No? Pity.

You confuse me with Klaus, it is Klaus who bought an M3 for lens review purposes.

I bought my mirrorless camera in 2013. And it was not 2nd hand.

Rest of your post, talk about moving goals....  :D

#102 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

Klaus also has a 5Ds R which is collecting dust unless used for testing - it has a nick name: the noise generator.

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#103 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

thxbb12, 35mm f1.4 is 52mm f2.1 in FF 135 format terms, or 65mm f2.6 in Fuji GTX terms.  Not sure what is so special about that?

You are right that a 28mm f2.8 lens on FF DSLR is a tad bigger than 18mm f2 on Fuji, due to the flange distance. The Sony FE 28mm f2 is a bigger aperture lens again.

So you can make all kinds of odd claims that have nothing to do with the original post I reacted to (which was about shallow DOF) ;)

Now where is that 35 f0.8 for that Fuji X? ;)

#104 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:06 PM

Just buy a 35/0.95 and claim it's a 0.8 in some blog, that you are testing it for the company bla bla bla. Just don't put some photos of it right next to anything with a shallower DOF and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

#105 thxbb12

thxbb12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Switzerland

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:17 PM

thxbb12, 35mm f1.4 is 52mm f2.1 in FF 135 format terms, or 65mm f2.6 in Fuji GTX terms.  Not sure what is so special about that?

You are right that a 28mm f2.8 lens on FF DSLR is a tad bigger than 18mm f2 on Fuji, due to the flange distance. The Sony FE 28mm f2 is a bigger aperture lens again.

So you can make all kinds of odd claims that have nothing to do with the original post I reacted to (which was about shallow DOF) ;)

Now where is that 35 f0.8 for that Fuji X? ;)

I'm waiting for you to show me a FF system that offers the same DOF control to what the Fuji X system (APS-C) offers in a similar form factor (body + lenses).

Please pay attention to the bold statement above.

Bonus question: assuming one is perfectly happy with the DOF of the following lenses: MFT 45 f1.8, 20 f1.7 and 14 f2.5. Where can I find a similar package for FF?

• Rover and JoJu like this

--Florent

Flickr Page

#106 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

I'm waiting for you to show me a FF system that offers the same DOF control to what the Fuji X system (APS-C) offers in a similar form factor (body + lenses).

Please pay attention to the bold statement above.

Bonus question: assuming one is perfectly happy with the DOF of the following lenses: MFT 45 f1.8, 20 f1.7 and 14 f2.5. Where can I find a similar package for FF?

I think Brightcolors hasn't inhaled the concept that each format has its pros and cons and that FF is no longer the center of the universe.

• you2, goran h, thxbb12 and 2 others like this
Chief Editor
photozone.de

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de