#2 thxbb12

thxbb12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Switzerland

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

The latest 2 lenses are described in chinese... not that easy to read ;-)

Here is a version in english:

pic_01.jpg

The UWA zoom is rumored to be a 8-16 f2.8

I'm actually very much looking forward to finally having a true macro lens in the lineup!

The telephoto prime will hopefully make wildlife photog happy.

--Florent

Flickr Page

#3 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:58 AM

It was Kanji - Japanese  ^_^

Fuji's roadmap appears to be a PR balloon, appearing each one and then to stay in discussion. 

What is wrong with the 60 mm macro? I really don't know, I haven't look into that lens.

#4 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed by the lack of a 16/2.

#5 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

The 18mm f2 won't do it for you?

#6 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

The 16/1.4 is weather-sealed and very good. Also, I like the extra metal lenshoods of the f/1.4 family more than the cheapo f/2 or the metal types whoch are cylindrical (and a bit less useful). This lens I would not change against a f/2 version, while the 23/2 still is tempting for me.

#7 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

The 16/1.4 is weather-sealed and very good. Also, I like the extra metal lenshoods of the f/1.4 family more than the cheapo f/2 or the metal types whoch are cylindrical (and a bit less useful). This lens I would not change against a f/2 version, while the 23/2 still is tempting for me.

16/1.4 is indeed a very good lens but not many people can afford it and not everyone wants to walk around with such a huge lens. I absolutely love it and it's one of the first lenses I'd consider for building a X-System setup but even then, I'd be tempted by a smaller 16/2 offering. Also I've directed a lot of my friends into buying Fuji and most of them simply use the 16-50 kit lens on the wide end because 18mm is too narrow and 1/1.4 is too big/expensive.

The 18mm f2 won't do it for you?

It's not a very good lens and I hate the focal length. Between 24mm and 40mm is a whole area of uninteresting focal lengths for me. 

Seriously, otherwise I'd keep the Sigma 19mm I had, buy the Sony 28/2 for my A7, go into Contax G and/or Leica M system without a doubt. I just can't like 28mm lenses.

#8 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

Come on, "huge lens"  :rolleyes: that's compared to one of the f/2 series with filters around M49 / M46 - but compared to a 24/1.4 FF with M77, the Fuji with it's M67 is just in between and doesn't look huge in front of a X-T2 or X-E2. "Huge" is not the attribute I'd use for it - and I like it a lot. For me it's just one of the great Fujinons, I use it regularly.

• Rover likes this

#9 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

It's also smaller and I think even lighter than my Batis 25/2 (More comparable lens than a 24/1.4 IMHO) but I'd still be tempted by an even smaller lens.

I'd even consider buying the 14/2.8 in addition to the 16/1.4, mostly because it's smaller. It's also another fantastic lens.

#10 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

For UWA, I went for Touit 12/2.8, mostly becasue I like to have the wider range. It's not as good as the 14/2.8, but for real high sharpness I take a Sigma dp0quattro with 14/4 lens - as long as no frontlight confuses the sensor, that's better than everything I have for UWA.

#11 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'd consider the Touit too but it's much more expensive than a used 14/2.8 or 16/1.4 where I live.

#12 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

I was disappointed about the lenshood quality. Looking fancy, but working poorly  <_< also, the apterure ring is even easier to move than the Fujinon's - and I wished they had put in some better resistance for the click-stops. Zeiss was always low-resisting. But two Planars and a Distagon I owned 1/4 century ago, were much better in this aspect.

A colleague got himself the Batis 18mm for his A7RII. I have to agree with him. Poor design for this kind of price-tag

#13 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

It's the only native option on the A7 at 25mm so I had to buy it. However, I'm using the 16-35/4 much more often than I was expecting me to so that might lead me to sell the Batis eventually. I'll give it a good photowalk/trip/weekend before deciding though. Haven't been shooting a lot since I got it.

Btw, mind you: A used Batis 25 is easily more than twice as expensive as the Fuji 16/1.4.

#14 you2

you2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Are those mk lenses anything special optically ?

#15 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

According to an interview with Fuji managers at CP + 2017 they are fully manual lenses with constant T-stop over the full range of FL. At least, it's one of the longest 18-55 zooms I've seen so far  ^_^

Oh, and the C-mount will come later. At the moment they are E-mount only.

#16 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

There's a YouTube clip from CameraStore about this 18-55 T2.9 lens: https://youtu.be/Y2qcQJ5aXAE

First the guys try a bit hard to act like actors, but it's about a great working video glass at around ¼ of the costs of a normal parfocal zoom.

#17 toni-a

toni-a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • LocationLebanon

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

Well if there's a camera with a severe lack of lenses it fuji GFX, can't understand all the enthusiasm about it, everyone criticizes Pentax for the lack of lenses, here we got worse

• Brightcolours likes this

#18 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,368 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Well if there's a camera with a severe lack of lenses it fuji GFX, can't understand all the enthusiasm about it, everyone criticizes Pentax for the lack of lenses, here we got worse

Indeed, and also without any advantage, those lenses. Equivalence rules tell us there is nothing that can't be done with FF, there.

#19 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Rightout "not thought through", sorry, Toni.

Are you talking about Pentax' MF attempt or FF or APS-C DSLRs, or their attempt of a mirrorless (because "there's maybe some money involved there" as Pentax' managers appeared to have thought)

Fuji started from scratch with a new system, new mount, will be providing two adapters, one of it for Hasselblad (=more lenses) another 5 adapters will come from Fotodiox (much more lenses, although all manually and from Nikon and Canon only the longer ones will have enough image circle to cover the sensor) and announced another 3 lenses. There are still gaps in the lineup, but much less important - nobody buys an MF to succeed in Sports or Birds. The high quality subjects - portrait, makro, architecture, industrial, weddings - are covered by the current lineup from the beginning. That's where the money comes in for pro-photographers, no newspaper-work.

And as it's a well thought mirrorless camera, it avoids a lot problems coming from a mirror box. You think, Sony cameras are attractive because of their expensive and heavy genuine lenses? Which, btw. give the mount and tripod threads of the body hard times.

The GFX, with 100MB uncompressed RAW/picture is not made for everyone - but it comes at a bargain compared to competition in it's class.

If you haven't looked into sample pictures - no wonder you don't understand the enthusiasm.

If you have looked into sample pictures, but don't recognize their quality - no wonder you don't understand the enthusiasm.

If you never shot MF (or in this case, baby-MF  :) ) - no wonder you don't understand the enthusiasm.

To me, it would be the travel cam with very decent quality I would not leave at home because it's too heavy. Although I might not have any money left to travel  :(

:D

Edit: I just forgot to add: It's fine to not understand the enthusiasm - I also don't understand every other enthusiasm.

#20 Rover

Rover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

The "ultra wide zoom lens" look interesting, could it be even wider than the 10-24? (which is about as wide as it gets if you intend to use screw-on filters). Or are we going to see a more economic alternative, like a variable aperture 10-18 to mesh with their standard zoom better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de