#21 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

I'm not so familiar with Panaversum, but LX 100 appears to me not the same as DMC-ZS100/TZ100. The latter has a 10×zoom starting from 25 mm equiv.

I know, NFC is useless for Apple stuff and the WiFi connection of all apps - Nikon, Fuji or CamRanger - sometimes can happen at 1st try, but usually more attention and patience is needed. Usually it sucks.

The Sony has this hidden EVF which is an advantage in bright sunlight. I need to grab some of these cameras to get a better idea of.

#22 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Weird, weirder, Panasonic: Tried to find and download a manual. For TZ 100 I could have one in bulgarian, croatian, slowenian, latvian - but no german  :blink: Also a website of literally dozens of models turns down my interest quickly and I don't know why.

#23 obican

obican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

EVF is good for bright sunny days but little known (that never get mentioned in most reviews) fact is that Sony cameras also have a Sunny Outside mode for the rear screen that boosts it to ridiculous brightness and contrast which makes the rear screen easily workable even under direct sunlight on a beach. 

#24 Studor13

Studor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

the thing with a smartPHONE is, that it's baiscally meant to make phonecalls.

Just got back from a couple of weeks vacation in Asia.

I am staggered with the IQ from the wife's iPhone 6s. It is no wonder that with an effective zoomability of 35-80mm people are just using their Smartphones. So no, phones are no longer meant to just make phone calls. You must thinking of the Nokia 3310. :)

As for your question I'd say if you can live without the articulating screen you can do everything you want with a J5 + 10-100mm. You can get one for 620€, nowadays.

I took the V1 and V3. The J5 is said to have better IQ than the V3 but for me the V3 has significantly more “pro” features that I like/need. I have the J5 also but don't use it much since I got the V3.

Hey, maybe I can off load the J5 to you? Great camera, really.

V1 + 32mm at f2 and ISO 800

Attached Files

From the sunny side of the Alps.

#25 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Yes, smartphones are GREEEEEAAAT in terms of IQ, I just don't want one  :P e basta!

And I haven't said I don't want a fully articulating screen but I HAVE said a couple of times that I don't want another system camera, e basta again! B)  I'm not interested in more "pro" features which usually are a simple distraction.

So, no, you need to find another customer for the great camera out of a time when Nikon was not in full hibernate mode. I once was interested in the Nikon 1 system, not any more. I read they're restructuring management, so another bunch of students needs to earn more money, = more lenses made in China, more bugs, more useless action cameras and nothing to be seen for a 100 year Nikon birthday.

#26 dave's clichés

dave's clichés

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

How about an iphone JoJu?

Then you could have apple et pasta!

Bah alors.... et basta!  :P

#27 miro

miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationUdenhout, the Netherlands

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

It seems that you ware happy with G11.

The questions is do you want to play with somenthing new?

If not , why not buy G11 from ebay at fraction of your target price?

#28 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

I'm already looking for G11 or G12, alternatively also a Nikon P7800, as the OVF of a G11/12 is a joke.

I opened the camera out of curiosity and had to admire the way Canon's designers did their job - especially when I saw how tiny the sensor really is  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de