#21 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

135mm is a focal length I tend to like, visually, when used by others. Or 85mm on APS-C, of course. I myself have to yet get used to the FOV in my own photography, but I know I can get used to it. This Sigma seems to render nicely.

#22 Klaus

Klaus

Chief Editor

• Moderators
  • 5,353 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

I added some sample images to the review. It's not my focal length - sorry - and some very high ISOs are in there.

Chief Editor
photozone.de

#23 Brightcolours

Brightcolours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

The last image (car nose/grill) does not appear to be there?

#24 JoJu

JoJu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

I think I have a new "best lens". Would have loved to post that in the Nikon section as my Sigma 135/1.8 Art has a Nikon mount, but things are a little bit slower on the Nikon side of the galaxy. Which is not the fault of Markus - Nikon themselves take it really slow.

_DSC6908-L.jpg

Considering, nearly all files are cropped to APS-C or smaller, I have to admit, I could not get to this with a Nikon Micro Nikkor. And I'm also very pleased about the AFMA which was necessary but went pretty smooth. I experienced a pretty reliable AF with this lens.

I'm just curious what it could do with a very sharp sensor like a Foveon in a sd quattro - but then I call myself dreaming: with ISO around 400 and up to 1600 I have to forget the benefits of a Foveon and better focus on a D850. 

Anyway, that lens is massive fun! I'm not sure if I will like the portraits with it - originally I wanted to get a 85/1.4 Art - which is bigger, same weight and features only 1:8.5 whereas the 135 goes down to 1:5. No macro, though, but at that sharpness level more versatile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© by photozone.de