Opticallimits
Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Micro-Four-Thirds (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) (/showthread.php?tid=315)

Pages: 1 2 3

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - JJ_SO - 08-21-2017

If you need this long chapter, then it's debatable who the people start realizing it is utter nonsense might be.

And sorry for not reading it, I already wasted too much time on this nonsense.

This equivalnece business comes from the time when sensors became tiny and so the FL went to 5-30 mm, but was "equivalent" to 25-150 mm on FF - to give an idea for people confident with older film systems. I don't recall that amount of equivalence talk when MF and larger formats were normal to professionals. But then there was no internet, the "semiconductor of stupidity".

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - Brightcolours - 08-21-2017

Quote:If you need this long chapter, then it's debatable who the people start realizing it is utter nonsense might be.

And sorry for not reading it, I already wasted too much time on this nonsense.
Cute, taking a quote from it after not reading it. :ph34r:

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - Rover - 08-21-2017

Oh no, here we go again. Smile

Pavlov's dogs... I think some people have set up an "equivalence alert" to stay in a missonary discussion. I like your "da wide, da ultrawide and da fast wide" approach  Smile

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - thxbb12 - 08-21-2017

If you guys want to talk equivalence (again), which is a subject that has been discussed ad nauseam in the zone already, I suggest you start a new thread.

And what differnce would that made? He is stubborn (Like Klaus as well), I am stubborn (like Wim as well?), so we won't find to a common sense. Which is fine for me, not all discussions need to be finished in agreement.

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - toni-a - 08-21-2017

Well sometimes this equivalence thing is like Ordralfabetix (unhygienix) fish....

[Image: 1015058408.jpg]

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - mike - 08-21-2017

Quote:It's only a pleasure.

As to the dial, no I do not think there is an option to disable it. One can set the profiles for each different option quite easily, yes, but disabling it is not possible AFAIK. You could possibly tape it with some gaffers tape, I guess Smile.

Personally I use it to switch between monochrome and "normal" shooting for my SOOC jpegs, I don;t use it a lot either. I have never accidentally actuated it yet, however. Was this caused by placing it in your bag, or getting it out? Grabbing it the wrong way? Just wondering, as it hasn't happened to me yet.

Kind regards, Wim

I'm not totally sure how I managed to move that dial. I've done it a couple of times while just wearing it with a shoulder strap. Perhaps because I like to keep my hand on the camera to keep it from bouncing around.

Quote:Well sometimes this equivalence thing is like Ordralfabetix (unhygienix) fish....

[Image: 1015058408.jpg]

"A fish. A kingdom for a fish!"  Big Grin

Olympus Pen-F on the way:-) - wim - 08-25-2017

Quote:And what differnce would that made? He is stubborn (Like Klaus as well), I am stubborn (like Wim as well?), so we won't find to a common sense. Which is fine for me, not all discussions need to be finished in agreement.

Obviously I have my opinions, but first and foremost I am a pragmatic perfectionist Smile.

IOW, I'll use whatever suits me for a specific purpose, IOW, for a specific set of conditions, and preferably the best for that set of conditions.

The last bit is basically what some people seem to forget, other than that from an exposure POV, for a specific amount of light level, the aperture, iso and shutter speed combination will always be the same for any camera when it comes to EV, or the amount of light per area unit if you so like Smile.

Kind regards, Wim Wink