Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took them a while ... a new tele converter from Pentax
http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info...04696.html

Now some lenses, please ...

Yeah, I saw that... no lenses but 1 1.4x TC. Wow... 

Well it's finally coming, disappointingly, it's only a four element design,still the old Tamron? we will see!

However, it looks like they have paid attention to the "chipping" as a camera firmware update is required.

Oh, the price: $600 

Quote:http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info...04696.html

Now some lenses, please ...

What lenses do you think they should add?  Despite not introducing many lenses recently, they still have probably the most complete APS-C lens lineups.
Quote:What lenses do you think they should add?  Despite not introducing many lenses recently, they still have probably the most complete APS-C lens lineups.

I have to agree there. However, the problem with the Pentax lenses is not of quantity, but of quality, especially with zoom lenses. The 18-135mm lens with WR would have been a great way to bring new users to the brand, but we know how good that lens turned out to be.
Quote:What lenses do you think they should add?  Despite not introducing many lenses recently, they still have probably the most complete APS-C lens lineups.

Ever heard of updates ? :-)

e.g. most of the lenses still don't have a SDM drive (not that I'd care personally).

And as Spinifex mentioned - some also need a fresh optical design.

In any case they need to show that they're still there. 

Admittedly this is difficult at a time when the whole industry is seeing a sharp downturn and over-capacities (on the camera side at least).
Quote:Ever heard of updates ? :-)

e.g. most of the lenses still don't have a SDM drive (not that I'd care personally).

And as Spinifex mentioned - some also need a fresh optical design.

In any case they need to show that they're still there. 

Admittedly this is difficult at a time when the whole industry is seeing a sharp downturn and over-capacities (on the camera side at least).
We've heard of updates of course, we've also heard of bankruptcies and that is what Ricoh is trying to avoid with Pentax, A small company like Pentax cannot afford to bring out a range of new zooms and exotic glass at a stroke and stay solvent. So it's softly softly catchy monkey. I understand of course, that as a lens tester it's nice to be showered by new glass.

Some see Pentax as a half empty glass, I see it as half full!