Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preview: Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8
Sebbi is back!

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/Olympus-1240-28

welcome back Sebbi.....and, isn't it nice to look at pictures that are not showing Oz... :-)....no offence to any photographer/s involved of course

wow.  People claim M4/3 is within a stop or so of FF... definitely not.  Very noisy for base...

The lens is ok.  I suppose for M4/3 it's great, but pixel peeping it's far worse than what FF delivers, even at optimum aperture...

Quote:welcome back Sebbi.....and, isn't it nice to look at pictures that are not showing Oz... :-)....no offence to any photographer/s involved of course

Are you already bored by pictures taken in eternal sun ? ;-)
Quote:Sebbi is back!

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/Olympus-1240-28

Not sure if it's a bad lens sample or the GX7, but these wide-open images are fairly soft...

On my E-M1 pictures shot at f2.8 are very sharp at all focal lengths. Definitely much better than these.

According to DXO, the GX7 resolution is much lower than E-M1/E-M5 (it's actually shocking).
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Depends on how these images were converted. No idea actually.

Quote:Are you already bored by pictures taken in eternal sun ? ;-)
....oh i forgot about grey days, so it's grey days Vs 43*C then  :-) oh well,

but actually it's nice to look at far away places, different scenery & architecture, although i suppose that down here is far away to most people looking in at Pz, so that's alright then....and Melbourne is far away and that was nice....

still none of this has anything to do with the quality of this lens....i thought the pictures looked nice, maybe bottom left a tad soft on some shots? but i could be wrong looking on this little screen, so it's back to sleep for this little bunny....

Thanks guys :-) Managing a job, a baby and my photozone hobby was pretty challenging...

...but it's getting better!

Regarding the images - they were converted with the latest ACR version...

...and believe me - I don't get board to look at OZ picture ;-)

Seb

Hi

> Lateral CAs (color shadows at the image borders) are also auto-corrected on Panasonic MFT cameras but NOT on Olympus MFT cameras.

LaCA are "corrected" on E-M1... E-M1 firmware writes LaCA corrections in raw files like Panasonic does, naturally OOC JPGs are corrected too... please fix the statement.

done - thx for the hint. Seb