Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio controlled remote built in the flash for Nikon?
Is there a speedlite/flash unit with built in radio remote for Nikon?

I would like to remotely control my off camera flash with my on camera

flash. I am not looking for a separate remote unit like packetwizard. I

would like the remote built in the flash itself. Canon has the 600EX-RT

with a remote in the flash. You can filly control the off camera flash

with the on camera Canon flash. Currently Nikon doesn't have a flash

like this however I am wondering whether there is any Chinese made flash

unit with features similar to the Canon 600EX-RT.

Hi haring,

The higher-end flash units by Nikon (SB-800, SB-900) can be controlled using on-camera flash or even in-camera flash. Nikon calls this the Creative Lighting System (CLS). It is not radio-controlled, but communication is done within a pre-flash.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which flash units are capable of acting as the master on the camera. I believe it is SB-600 and upwards, but I might be wrong. The D90 I had a while ago had a built-in flash which could trigger my off-camera SB-800 just fine.

For a simple setup this might be sufficient. A radio-controlled setup has ist own advantages, of course.

Quote:Hi haring,

The higher-end flash units by Nikon (SB-800, SB-900) can be controlled using on-camera flash or even in-camera flash. Nikon calls this the Creative Lighting System (CLS). It is not radio-controlled, but communication is done within a pre-flash.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which flash units are capable of acting as the master on the camera. I believe it is SB-600 and upwards, but I might be wrong. The D90 I had a while ago had a built-in flash which could trigger my off-camera SB-800 just fine.

For a simple setup this might be sufficient. A radio-controlled setup has ist own advantages, of course.
Yeah...., I am looking for a radio controlled unit. Yunguo (I never remember how to spell it) has one which work swith Nikon and has a built in radio...I just found out recently.
Hi Haring,  SB-800 and SB-900 have built in radio to control other flashes. I am not sure up to how many. In addition you can control the intensity of each external flash through sb 800 or sb 900.  I have SB-600, it doesn't have the same abilities. SB 600 can be used as off camera flash(es), it will communicate well with SB 800. And last, but not least SB 600 is un-expensive.