Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Nikkor
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/zoo.../index.htm

Interesting... intended as an answer to the EF-S 18-135 IS maybe?

Anyway, the pricing makes it clear that this is not an update to the 18-105 VR, but a new product, which will most likely exist next to the entry-level offerings: $599 in the US, 619 EUR in Germany.

-- Markus

Editor
opticallimits.com

Oh well, the specs say that both the pouch and hood are optional. I hope this is a typo...

-- Markus

Editor
opticallimits.com

I like much more the newest lenses from Sigma and Samyang for DX / APSC than the offers from Nikkor / Nikon.

Imho Nikon does not show as much interest in DX as they should.

Kind regards

Quote:Interesting... intended as an answer to the EF-S 18-135 IS maybe?

Anyway, the pricing makes it clear that this is not an update to the 18-105 VR, but a new product, which will most likely exist next to the entry-level offerings: $599 in the US, 619 EUR in Germany.

-- Markus

It was suggested that this would be the kit lens for a soon to be released Nikon APS-C body.  I just struggle to see what is needed.  They just (on a Nikon time scale) upgraded the 5 and 7 model and with the D7100 having moved up in general quality from the D7000 I don't see a D300 sucessor and I doubt that would be a lens for it.
enjoy
Well, I do see a D300 sucessor, but I agree that this is not a lens for it.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Why does Nikon not work out for a better FF mid zoom with an apperture f4, f3.5-4.5, or f2.8-4? There are in production of 24-85mm f2.8-4/f3.5-4.5 and 24-120mm f4 but none of them is appealing.

Well, "appealing" is a subjective impression Wink And who says they are not working on new FX midrange zooms? However, FX standard zooms is not where the money is.

-- Markus

Editor
opticallimits.com

Yes, maybe Nikon is working on a 24-70mm f4 vr macro lens. But I am not sure if such a lens is appealling to many people...I feel the 70mm at the long end is a little bit too short for an f4 lens.
The pouch and the hood are as necessary as the clamp for a 70-200/4. Especially a lousy construction for a steep price. All the pouches I got occupy a drawer in a sideboard, but I hardly use 'em. And the hood? Covering a range from 18-140, how could this be designed to have an effect? For the price of this plastic part one gets nearly a flexible hood which could be fixed with a Velcro on each lens, such as this one: http://www.flexlensshade.com/product.html

In my experience, Nikon hoods are not bad but break more easily than Sigma's hood of the 35/1,4 due to material choice.