•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So finally ... the Nikon D850
http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-...o/features

Scroll down to "DxO presets: Apply multiple corrections with a single click". Do it once, save it as preset and apply it to hundreds - better than doing each separately, I'd say.  ^_^

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro/features">http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro/features</a>

Scroll down to "DxO presets: Apply multiple corrections with a single click". Do it once, save it as preset and apply it to hundreds - better than doing each separately, I'd say. ^_^
Of course I do this, however skin tones in DPP are sometimes amazing....
Then just copy the recipe and paste it to other images.
Quote: 

I stopped adjusting all the images, I let the couple chose the pictures they want to print and I do adjustments only on the pictures they want to print in large size (usually 30X45cm) 

Shrewd move!
When I cropped this picture, I thought: how cool would it be if I could choose 1:1 as image ratio and move the square like I would shift a lens?

[Image: _DSC0461-XL.jpg]

I haven't corrected perspective by software. I just levelled the camera (set in portrait orientation) horizontally and cropped the foreground. Of course, cropping is possible - I just have the RAW file with â…“ of useless data on my hard drive.

Admittedly one needs an ultra-wide angle lens, a good or better one - but there are a couple of good or excellent ones around which at least could work as PC lens substitute in some cases.

[Image: _DSC0466-X2.jpg]

Doing it in post like above always comes at the cost of cropping parts of the picture which I would have preferred to keep.

Quote:Is it not possible to copy and paste settings to multiple selections of photos in LR?

For RAW images you can yes!  Simply go to the opening image in ACR, the first section is labelled "BASIC"  go to extreme  the right hand side at the same level and click on it, a multi choice menu appears and current selections can be saved using....

Save new camera RAW defaults.........this will save the current settings and apply them to all images.

This is just for those who didn't know!.....

It's still as complicated as it was with PS CS6 years ago?

In Aperture as well as in in Capture, I just can simply copy and paste current settings to as much pictures as I want to select. Or save them as a style.

I think PS CS6 and lightroom use the same ACR...... but where's the complication?

I'm having another go at purchasing the Nikor AF-P 18-55mm VR retractable kit lens, some say it's one of the fastest focussing lenses.

I tried to buy it through Pixmania (70 euros) they oversaw the sale 5 buy Europe........I never received it and was reimbursed(10 week wait).....

....this time I've ordered through Eglobal at 60 euros, of course it's Grey market!

I mean, how can this lens which has one of the the fastest AF linear motors and full VR that retracts...........

....reach the customer for that price?

Perhaps I'll do a light hearted review of it!    Oh and the Meike grip when it arrives!
Quote:  I think PS CS6 and lightroom use the same ACR...... but where's the complication?

In Aperture and Capture One there's one click to put the current settings to the clipboard and another click to apply the settinge to selected images.

ACR, as I know it, needs first to save the settings, find a name, choose what to save, choose a location. That is complicated! And useless, because for the next picture five days later I don't know anymore if I copied the right settings or need more ro less saturation - and the lens profile might just be wrong because I used another lens.

Cumbersome. On this office version of CS5.5 I see around 30 different settings - but I could delete them all as I don't know if they apply to new pictures.
Quote:In Aperture and Capture One there's one click to put the current settings to the clipboard and another click to apply the settinge to selected images.

ACR, as I know it, needs first to save the settings, find a name, choose what to save, choose a location. That is complicated! And useless, because for the next picture five days later I don't know anymore if I copied the right settings or need more ro less saturation - and the lens profile might just be wrong because I used another lens.

Cumbersome. On this office version of CS5.5 I see around 30 different settings - but I could delete them all as I don't know if they apply to new pictures.

No, just click on "save new camera RAW defaults and your done..........no titles, no choosing, every file will open with the saved settings.......however, I think the settings apply to one camera model only!

•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next