Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custard on my face??
    D500 arrived today with it's new screen.........it's nice and clean.

Now I can go shooting again!!!!

Hopefully your D750 is not the next candidate in row: https://www.dpreview.com/news/5252259585...s-affected

Thanks for the heads up JoJu!

Oh great... it comes up as an affected camera.   Nikon sure have ballsed up with the D750, with AF shadows and several early recalls for shutter mechanisms and now this one!

Will ring Nikon UK later.

Is your copy showing an affected serial-number? Bummer.

All are, from Juli 2014 through September 2016. Good thing for Nikon that the D750 was not a massive sales success, because that is a lot of shutters to be replaced...

Quote:All are, from Juli 2014 through September 2016. Good thing for Nikon that the D750 was not a massive sales success, because that is a lot of shutters to be replaced...

......some of them twice!
In a way, I really feel sorry for Nikon. I don't want to guess why quality control has failed, but I think it's impossible to build quality by just controlling it. They might have failed to find the problems, but first they needed to fail to see them coming while testing the new cameras which simply had to become "cost-effective".

I think lots of these quality lacks had a timer and remained undetectable. You need to know possible failures and you need to want to find them before they escalate. And of course, the management needs to remain stubborn to get this kind of bad reputation. Nikon becomes a running gag.

Yeah Nikon have had a little run of "bad" in the last couple of years, what with the D600 "oil slick" issue on the sensor, followed by the shadow from the D750 AF system on to the sensor...........now another recall for shutter problems.

Well I just spoke to Nikon UK, my D750 is of course "grey market"......and guess what?

In spite of that....... "it's covered".... and Nikon will replace it free of charge.  Nikon I suppose they have to cover any recall fault despite where it was bought.  No rush, we are on a winter return window.

Something/someone/somewhere resisted the temptation to kick me in the teeth, my guess is the Pope shoots Nikon!  Tongue

I must say that Nikon UK are the best service department I've dealt with, both in terms of efficiency and politeness.