Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Pentax DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 WR
In the beginning, "By today's standards its 7.5x zoom ratio is longer extreme" should read "By today's standards its 7.5x zoom ratio is no longer extreme", shouldn't it?
[quote name='DrJohn' timestamp='1303218077' post='7764']

In the beginning, "By today's standards its 7.5x zoom ratio is longer extreme" should read "By today's standards its 7.5x zoom ratio is no longer extreme", shouldn't it?

[/quote]

yep
Hi Klaus,

Just wondering how much is your rating influenced by the price of the lens, at what pricepoint would this lens start to look good?

I am looking to get a K5, and I can get it with the 18-135 as a kit for €1350 - I think that's a great deal, considering the package is selling here for €1650 on the street - €1550 on the internet.

I must add as a caveat that I can get the K5 + 17-70 for €1347.

I spoke to a Pentax rep in a mini-camera expo going on this weekend in Munich, and he told me if your main priority is quality than go for the 17-70, if convenience is more important then 18-135 is a good option. A little telling perhaps - but i confess i do like the idea of a wr carryround lens that I can take anywhere to go with the wr body!

Also in the running is the 16-45 for €200 less.

Arrrg, decisions, decisions.

p.s. SInce I see you are also in Munich - happy to let you have a copy of whichever I get to test with K5 if you want!

Cheers

Ian