Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rumoured Olympus.
Olympus E-M1X Leaked Specification

• Sensor: 20MP

• Frame rate: 18fps

• 7.5+ EV stabilization

• Faster image processing – approx 2x faster than the E-m1X

• Autofocus: Adaptive and expandable focal points. Two examples. If you are shooting a person, then shift to shooting a car, the number of focal points will automatically

• expand. If you are shooting a basketball player, you will get a vertical series of 5 focal points.

• Body Size: 144.37 x 146.765 x 75.345mm (body with a built in vertical grip)

• High Res: Can shoot handheld High Resolution images (around 80MP) at 1/60s

• Photography focus: Sports and Wildlife shooters

• Same batteries as E-M1 Mk II

• Larger EVF

• Launch: January 2019 along “2 tele zooms, 1 wide angle zoom. speedlight. zuiko binoculars”

• Availability: February

•  Prices are said to be around $3,000.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Three grand for a M4/3rds camera.........that is long from being light and compact.......I think they are losing sight of the concept of the affordable compact camera.
  Tony Northrup predicts the demise of M4/3rds range of cameras.........probably as they become bigger than FF ML.
These are nice specs, but if I had 3000$ to spend on a camera, and I wasn't already invested in the system, it would certainly be on a full frame camera!
(12-12-2018, 02:54 PM)WyldRage Wrote: These are nice specs, but if I had 3000$ to spend on a camera, and I wasn't already invested in the system, it would certainly be on a full frame camera!

Or go for even larger, a Fujifilm GFX 50R for 4500 ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Sounds pretty interesting, although I have a feeling I'll have to stick with my Canon system even if I had wanted otherwise. Smile