Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Olympus E-M1X specs leaked
I don't get your reasoning JoJu?

In both cases there is more than enough reserve of resolution from the sensor......... the EVF gets more res than it could handle......most is thrown away.........in the Olympus more is thrown away, in the Z6 less!
(01-28-2019, 12:44 PM)davidmanze Wrote: I don't get your reasoning JoJu?

In both cases there is more than enough reserve of resolution from the sensor......... the EVF gets more res than it could handle......most is thrown away.........in the Olympus more is thrown away, in the Z6 less!

Hey, you stubborn guy! Angry  YOU were the one asking me how the Z 7 is going with it's EVF, and now you keep on blurbing about Z 6 in which the relation from sensor pixels/EVF pixels is very different. This kind of distraction strategy I see quite often from some posters here. With downsampling nothing is thrown away, it's just not visible in the EVF in standard view.

If you like to stick with the "better priced" Z 6, you just try to give her a little rain shower... there are so many differences in this two bodies, I just consider it silly to compare them. Horses for courses.
Joju, your explanation makes zero sense.
First, there is a source (input) at either 20MP in the case of Olympus, or 24 or 46MP in the case of Nikon's Z6 and Z7.
Then you have the output: a lower resolution image in the form of an EVF where the source image is scaled down to the target EVF resolution (2.4MP in the case of Olympus and 3.7MP for the Nikons).
Which output (EVF) will give you more details? The one with the highest resolution obviously. How can you refute this simple logic?
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I suggest you take a Valium JoJu!

Just because I asked how your Z7 was going (I read your answer) it doesn't mean I'm "not" to mention other cameras. Am I under contract to it?

The point is simple, the Z6 is $two grand........Nikon gives you better EVF and LCD for 2K than Olympus for 3K.

Simple!
The point is simple: You compare a tank to a bicycle, and maybe you should take a little less valium and stay awake.

As fas as I know, in  µ 4/3 world is no body avalailable like that one. It is silly to point out how much better a camera with a bigger sensor is, as owners of µ 4/3 lenses and bodies don't have this choice, but maybe good reasons to stay within "their" system. You keep on firing up comparisons with no real use than a theoretical one, you are not willing to buy one - so at best it would be an academical comparison. Hence, it just lacks a lot of sense. If you want to compare, then aim at a D4 or D5 because in µ 4/3 land this little body is a shrunk D5 - just more weatherproof and faster due to the little sensor. No D5 owner will go for the little Olympus and the other way round as well. You don't have to like the camera and neither do I, but I think a bit of respect to what Olympus did would not be misplaced. I see a lot of potentially good ideas - and the articulated screen already stands out, no matter how lousy it's resolution is.

But how could you know, as you are glued to DSLR...  Tongue  Big Grin
Whoa, now you totally left your original weird argument (that the Olympus somehow shows more detail, because the sensor has a lower resolution).

Not sure why one should respect Olympus for giving older EVF tech than is current, in their top model.
If I've got it wrong (no surprises there) then a lot of reviewers have got it equally as wrong as I have.

One by one the independent reviewers (ie. those who are not full time Olympus shooters) ........

Froknows photos even went as far as saying he wouldn't want to shoot the camera from choice because of the EVF...........The Camera Store reiterated the dated EVF resolution......DP review also..........

M4/3rds is what it is and no one expects anything different from what went before........apart from minor tweaks...

In the end it's the price point that gets me........at three grand it should have had the lot......and it didn't get it!

Personally, I think $two grand or less is where it should be sitting!

Buy yourself a Z6 and take a nice holiday to enjoy it!
With a bookshelf I had a less repetitive conversation lately...
Did the bookshelf by chance fail to point out your wrongness about EVF detail because it lacked the ability to speak up, perhaps?
(01-29-2019, 12:17 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Did the bookshelf by chance fail to point out your wrongness about EVF detail because it lacked the ability to speak up, perhaps?

+1!

My guess is it was speechless!