Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Z roadmap
[Image: NIKKOR-Z-Lens-Lineup-Expansion.jpg]
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Just rub it in... Undecided  a big pile of boring stuff, like an application form for becoming the less risky manufacturer of all times. Compared to that, Pentax is daring...
I think this looks quite good actually.

Ok, no super fast primes.

(02-11-2020, 02:09 AM)Klaus Wrote: I think this looks quite good actually.

Since when is a f1.2 lens not considered "super fast" anymore? Wink

Nikon is working to cover all the focal lengths, and is transparent at what they are doing. I respect that, and I wish Canon would be more transparent at what is coming up for their two mirrorless mounts. That said, I can't help but feel... a bit underwhelmed at the offering.
(02-11-2020, 02:42 AM)Spinifex Wrote:

Nikon is working to cover all the focal lengths, and is transparent at what they are doing. I respect that, and I wish Canon would be more transparent at what is coming up for their two mirrorless mounts. That said, I can't help but feel... a bit underwhelmed at the offering.

The 50mm f1.2 has been known for quite some time now, and everything else is f1.8...
(02-11-2020, 06:22 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:

The 50mm f1.2 has been known for quite some time now, and everything else is f1.8...

Doesn't the 58mm F0.95 count ??
(02-11-2020, 06:49 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Isn't the 58mm f0.95 already released and so not part of what is to come ?????
Ok, should have been "not many". ;-)

It's quite obvious that Nikon's strategy is around those f/1.8s

(02-11-2020, 06:51 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 06:49 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Isn't the 58mm f0.95 already released and so not part of what is to come ?????

Out there already or not .... it exists as part of the range (in very limited numbers) ..... added to by the 50mm F1.2 ........ standard Z FL lens Nikonions should be happy at least.

In the end we will have to see whether Canon's very expensive bright lenses will become more popular than Nikon's more affordable offerings.
 The Z mount really needs an 85mm F1.4 portrait lens.

For Zedittes ........ Sigma needs to join the party!
Roadmaps are about what is to come, Dave. Not about what is there. Hence the posts. Range, vs. roadmap.