Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS R6 specifications
For some reason, a lot of video specs. For AF video it should be a great choice.
  • 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
  • IBIS
  • 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
  • Oversampled 5K Video
  • 4K @ 60p
  • FullHD @ 120p
  • Canon Log
  • 10-bit
  • Zebras
  • AF identical to the EOS R5
  • No RAW video mode
  • Dual SD UHS-II slots
  • Head and Animal detection AF
  • Identical 5 million dot EVF as the EOS R5

Rumoured price: under $2500
Needless to say ... but I like this. 20mp are plenty enough in my book. Hopefully they'll not spoil it with an AA filter.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I doubt it will really be 20 megapixels. I have seen some rumors that it will be 26 mp, and that the original leaks just meant that it would in the twenties, not specifically 20. Since everyone else's FF entry-level and APS-C cameras have 24mp, I doubt Canon will want to be lower. After all, 26 is 2 better than 24!

We will have to wait and see in 2 weeks or so.
Of course it will have an AA-filter, Klaus. Canon follows science usually, not fads. AA-filters have a reason. So, a reason for you not to like it.
What has science to do with this? It's a trade-off with either approach. No more, no less.

(06-19-2020, 07:37 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Of course it will have an AA-filter, Klaus. Canon follows science usually, not fads. AA-filters have a reason. So, a reason for you not to like it.

Do you have any flexibility in your beliefs BC or is everything carved in stone forever ..... have you "ever" changed your mind about anything??     

.....let us know when you have and we'll throw have a party Smile
(06-20-2020, 08:00 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 07:37 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Of course it will have an AA-filter, Klaus. Canon follows science usually, not fads. AA-filters have a reason. So, a reason for you not to like it.

Do you have any flexibility in your beliefs BC or is everything carved in stone forever ..... have you "ever" changed your mind about anything??     

In that case, the party should have been at least a week ago since on june 13th 2020, at 01:46 PM he did change his mind about focus by wire and focus scale
https://forum.opticallimits.com/showthre...753&page=2

While he seems to be sticking to his ideas and likes Canon a lot he does use Nikon lenses via adapter, we tend to think he is much into DSLRs while he owns EOS M, he insists on sharpness and optical details while he doesn't mind using a cheap zoom that does the job, probably it's a communication thing rather than a true issue.
(06-20-2020, 08:00 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Do you have a thing against the science, Dave?
Science has something against getting raped for the wrong reasons.