Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikkor lens roadmap 2021
See attachment

Attached Files
.pdf   NIKKOR_Z_LINEUP_June_2021_en_EU_original.pdf (Size: 765.34 KB / Downloads: 19)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Will that be a 85mm f1.2?
I'm rather baffled that Nikon didn't release any super tele lenses so far. Canon showed that the engineering efforts for optimizing legacy lenses can be very low.
There's barely any difference in size between mirrorless and DSLR super tele lenses anyway.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(09-18-2021, 12:41 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Will that be a 85mm f1.2?

The rumor mill believes so, because the fast 50mm prime is f/1.2, too.

(09-19-2021, 12:16 AM)Klaus Wrote: I'm rather baffled that Nikon didn't release any super tele lenses so far. Canon showed that the engineering efforts for optimizing legacy lenses can be very low.
There's barely any difference in size between mirrorless and DSLR super tele lenses anyway.

I assume the two big guns will be announced alongside the Z9.

Nikon could probably just put on a different mount, like Canon did. But I assume they might use the opportunity for a redesign to catch up in the weight department. The latest Canon 400/2.8 (EF or RF) is hand-holdable if required, for example. That's almost impossible with the AF-S 400/2.8 FL VR.
Editor
opticallimits.com

The Nikkor AF-S 500mm F5.6 VR PF lens should be one of the first stops for the Z mount ........ it screams compact ML systems .......
Nikon is well known of not properly maintaining a "road map". Lenses usually pop up out of the blue, some expected some not so much. I believe this is critical thing to do in the new market environment...
I don't even want to talk about accessories.