Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best photo locations in Athens, Greece? Also, any underwater location?
well, how about using google maps, sat view, and images, streetview to get some some overview of the place.

But, having said that, how mobile is the wedding couple/party? i.e. do the locations have to be accessible by car, or is walking also an option? The reason I am saying this, is there are two hills, a smaller one, just across from the Acropolis, <b>Philopappos Hill</b>, where you could get nice view of the Acropolis in the background. Then there is Mount Lycabettus, which gives a big view over the city, for example for a sunset. The Acropolis is though quite far away in the town, so won't be that obvious in a picture.  Anyway, for both spots you should get lots of samples from the usual web sites. Otherwise, National Gardens and old Olympic stadium across from it might provide some backdrops. The narrow streets in the old part of town on the north slope of the Acropolis can provide some scenic backdrops. Shooting in the Acropolis itself, it's probably quite crowded.

As to permits, no idea, although some of these places are public places, so I suspect it should not be an issue.

Messages In This Thread
Best photo locations in Athens, Greece? Also, any underwater location? - by Guest - 08-23-2015, 02:41 PM