Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keepers flowing again, it a lens effect ?
Quote:Hi toni-a,

If you'd ask me, it is an indication that you need to buy more of the better class(es) of lenses Wink.

Actually, I have always found that when I get a lens of which I like the way it renders, I shoot more (and get similar questions).

The difference between 15-85 and other standard zoom lenses is that it actually has 3 aspherical elements, which I think are placed in such a way that they actually improve areas in bands going away from the center, so that the entire field of view is more or less similarly sharp, over the entire area. That is what appears to happen anyway when you look at photographs taken with it in more detail.

If that is something you connect with, apart from the 24-135 FF equivalent reach and relatively compact size, it may well trigger, indeed a revival of interest, and enjoyment Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Well I was already well equipped and was considering returning this lens, IMHO it doesn't outperform the already excellent 17-55f2.8 IS and all logic was: send this lens back enough hoarding lenses...

with 10-18, 17-55, 18-55, 24-105, 70-300, plus 8, 28, 50 and 100 mm primes  getting this lens seemed as pointless move..

Messages In This Thread
Keepers flowing again, it a lens effect ? - by toni-a - 02-01-2017, 08:55 AM