Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark)
Well, you're right, this is not the Nikon board. But allow me to clarify a few things:

The D7000 has long been our test camera, and it is (physically) here. Replacing it with a D810 makes no sense, since this would mean to spend a lot of money on a replacement, that offers no additional value (in terms of DX testing). Instead, we would lose the ability to compare results within the system. Even though the resolution is similar, the workflow used for the D7000 will not work with the D810... the tools used don't know what a D810 is.

I still use the D7000 for my private shooting, but I no longer use it for testing. New tests already happen on the D7100 (even though there are no obvious signs for this outside of the lab, yet Wink But there is lots of unpublished D7000-based review data, that's why I consider to publish reviews based on both cameras in parallel for a while.

And finally, regarding the D400 (or whatever you want to call it): the fact that Canon builds the benchmark camera in this segment doesn't help the Nikonians waiting for it to be announced. And even if Nikon will not be able to outperform the 7D II with their pro DX camera, that's still no reason NOT to announce it. The market is there. And a D610 is hardly an option for those who want the speed, size, performance and build quality of a D400-ish camera. And also not for those who prefer the DX sensor size... for whatever reason.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by soLong - 11-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM