Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A
Quote:And I "heard once" Sigma is manufacturing Nikon OEM lenses
That is not true though. Tamron had some involvement in the past with one or two lenses.

Quote:and Tokina makes Canon lenses.
That is an even sillier "rumor". Tokina makes some Pentax lenses. Parent company Hoya is a big optical glass manufacturer, they might supply some raw materials to Nikon and Canon, but Nikon and Canon make their own glass in different formulations too.

Quote:Where' smoke there is or was fire but I have not that insight into those factory deals where competitors turn out to be colleagues.

Anyway, I could use the Sigma adjustment, but then it's only for this camera. For D800 / D7000 / D7100 I set camera AFA values of -10 / -4 / +2. Funny thing is, D7100 recognizes a "24-105 F4” but is pairing it to the lens number of the 105/2.8. If I delete the AFA setting for the 105 in my D800 and mount the Sigma to it, this body also recognizes "24-105 F4”. Until I mount the 105, than both lenses are treated like one.

Weird.

The other two Sigmas of my lens stock are recognized without probs, but I don't own a Nikon 35/1.4 or 18-35/1.8 from Nikon. At the moment my explanation remains as "kind of firmware bug".

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A - by Brightcolours - 03-10-2014, 04:25 AM