Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A
"Involvement with one or two lenses" doesn't make a rumor untrue - it remains a rumor, though. And the other thing to judge as "sillier" - is that necessary? Neither you nor me can prove such rumors as wrong or right or just misunderstood information.

Sigma employs around 1000 persons, Nikon 24.000 + 5500 "non-consolidated" in rough numbers. Those numbers alone bring enough doubts into that rumor, but of course, Nikon is also involved in other optical projects and makes a lot more cameras than Sigma in aspects of various types and output quantities. Just to point that out: I do not care, who is manufacturing a good, reliable, sharp lens with a nice bokeh for my camera, if it matches the camera. There's no "pure" Nikon, shutters are from Copal and sensors from Sony or Aptic or Aptia, I even don't recall that name. And there's no proof that 100% "own stuff" makes a better system.

As well as the rumor "Nikon wants to make life for third party lenses difficult" - there are two sides of this medal. As a camera manufacturer I would not feel an obligation to help my competition, especially not the ones making partly better lenses than my own company.

Anyway, I keep in mind, this is the Canon department of the PZ forum. I was just searching Markus' comment about "the brick" and didn't look carefully enough. For further observations with my Nikon version I'll wait until he finishes his test.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A - by JJ_SO - 03-10-2014, 06:32 AM