Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR II (DX)
I don't think one can compare this case to the debate over which 85mm prime to get. If one needs to decide betwenn f/1.8 and f/1.4, speed is usually not the deciding point. At least in case of the 85mm primes, the main advantage of the faster lens is better bokeh and better build. But the differences are marginal, IMO.

Talking about tele zooms, the step up from f/4 t f/2.8 is significant, and there are several reasons to go for the faster lens, as you already mentioned. There's better AF performance, narrower DOF, a brighter viewfinder image, TC compatibility... while on the other hand, the faster lens is no doubt more expensive and a lot bigger and heavier.

Usually, the camera used is a given. So the question is, which lens to get for my camera, not which lens/camera combo to buy.

Apart from that, as Klaus alread mentioned: I already started testing with the D7100. I will nonethelss continue to publish a few more D7000 based review for a while, so that the results are comparable.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR II (DX) - by mst - 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM