Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX
I am not sure that lens design is all that much different between film and sensor other than rear element reflectance and therefore coatings?

As for lenses having to be better for digital that is clearly a laugh!  The onset of low resolution digital allowed for the proliferation of (poor) quality zoom lenses and only now are designs (of zoom lenses) doing justice as sensors improve.

I am only interested in FX (I have DX also) as it is here where the buck stops.  Poor lens quality shows.

OK you can go out and buy a £1800 zoom that has great quality (professionals and photo-journalists do) but Joe Public could do with something cheaper.  Only Samyang are fulfilling this market and only part-way (lacking AF).  Don't let that hold you back though focussing manually is easy (easier?).

Samyang have been criticised about decentering and this is the only aspect that half holds me back.

Messages In This Thread
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM