Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX
Well regarding your point with the Canon S10: That camera's sensor has a pixel densitiy roughly equivalent to a 50 megapixel FX sensor. So it's actually pretty demanding in terms of lens performance.

Even the original Nikon D3, which was introduced in 2007, was already on par with negative film (not slide film though).

The main point here is that it's quite difficult to design excellent performing lenses for digital cameras. Not only due to the resolution, which has been at least equal to film for several years, but also due to the issue with the direction of light hitting the sensor, that was mentioned by brightcolours.

Still, I am totally with you that we need more affordable, high quality prime lenses.

I know this part was not directed at me, but I still shoot a lot of film on my Nikon F80 and my OM-10 and I really enjoy the whole process. Not sure what you mean with "seeing an improvement" though. Wink

Messages In This Thread
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by HenriCartierShufflebottom - 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Recent Nikon 'D' lens tests on DX - by felix - 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM