Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 USM L IS
hey Bc, thought you'd gone into hibernation it's been so long - 

um, on my camera this lens works like no other, and i've looked at two of these things and they both appear to be very similar, so Qed: it's the lens - but i could be wrong - THAT company USA say 'we know nothing' = i might have had two bad copies

- so re. my lenses - autofocus does it's stuff at f/4, the expert designer/programmer knows the focus shift numbers for all the f/'s and mm's for this lens, the camera wants to expose at f/6.3@35mm, it tells the internal lens chip this fact, the chip has been set to microfocus shift +4 (say) for these settings and yea the subjects eyes are in focus .... if my hands aren't shaking already wondering about all this

... well it makes sense to me ... but not sure about my brain now -

take a look at my beautiful beach scene in the 'lenses coming' thread for where to shift the focus at some various settings - it was at Wamberal, why the beach? - it's easy to see if sand is in or out of focus, anyhow it's quite nice and uncrowded there so they didn't mind a silly person pointing his camera at a white board and writing down numbers when he should have been enjoying the day

why haven't i done f/4.5,5.6,6.3,8,11@ 24,30,35,40,45,50mm's? - see the last line last para.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 USM L IS - by HarryLally - 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 USM L IS - by HarryLally - 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 USM L IS - by kirbysdl - 03-04-2013, 11:09 PM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 USM L IS - by soLong - 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM