Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Panasonic X PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power OIS
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1344806515' post='19763']

These shutter speeds are normal during our lab tests I'd say so no - I've seen no evidence for this here.

Frankly, we are talking about mainstream shutter speeds and as such it would hit all users.

It seems unlikely that this is a wide-spread issue then.

Hunting rare ghosts with serial numbers seems rather odd considering the suggested scope.

[/quote]

Klaus, with all due respect, I don't quite understand your reluctance here.

The suggested scope is probably wider than you think with Panasonic marketing it as "medium grade" X lens and costing more than the 14-42mm lens, bundled with their premium GX1.

Issue wise, it is large enough that consumer would notice it and in fact, it is exactly what has happened. You hearing little about it doesn't make it a non existent issue. It *does* seem it is a wide-spread and no "ghost" issue at all and I provided you links with measured evidence of it affecting several samples, including recent ones. Panasonic has acknowledged it to some degree thru firmware update.

Anyway, don't get me wrong : I have read enough about it for myself, I don't *need* you to update your review but the reasons not to write anything about it on PZ are unclear and are perhaps singling PZ out.

Greetings,

S.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Panasonic X PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power OIS - by Sylvain - 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM