Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Hi Serkan:

[quote name='PuxaVida' timestamp='1343027350' post='19548']

Firstly, I assume that you use the term "focus shift" not as the definition of one of the optical aberrations, but simply as "shifting of focus" or "missing focus"...[/quote]

Right.

Quote:Based on that, I think the wrong focus in the above case would be resulting because of the misaligned camera parts (considering the distance that the light travels until the OVF and the distance between the respective rear element until the image sensor). I guess the precision is the key word here... Especially if one checks 36mp images on 100% views.

I also thought that the "mistake" was on the camera site, not on the lens site. But from internet I did read that it could also be caused by the lens, otherwise (some) camera need not have the "AF micro adjustment" function for individual lenses (as you have also pointed out).

As for the precision of focus confirmation, from internet I read that if the focus subject is within 1/3 DoF then the camera will treat it as in focus. I don't know if modern camera can do it more precisely.

Thanks,

Frank

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX - by frank - 07-24-2012, 03:57 AM