The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimum DPI setting for exporting image to commercial printers
I have a simple, but technical question I'd appreciate advice on. For the purposes of the question, I have simplified the numbers.

My commercial printers are going to print pages I have prepared, at 12 x 12 at 300dpi and have asked that I supply these page at 300dpi to this dimension. For various reasons, my pages are going to be created as 12.2 x 12.2 at 300dpi - the dpi I can alter, the page size I can't.

So if I just supply these as is, I expect they will need to resize/resample from my 12.2 x 12.2 300dpi images before printing them at 12 x 12 300dpi.

Assuming that to be the case, is it better then, for me to produce the 13 x 13 images at a much higher dpi (say for example 600dpi), so that there is more data in the image for them to resample down to? In which case, how would I go about working out what the best dpi setting is to create my artwork?

As stated above, for various reasons, I cannot control the physical size of the image outputted from my workflow, but I can dictate what dpi it produces it at.

Many thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Optimum DPI setting for exporting image to commercial printers - by Guest - 05-25-2012, 04:31 PM