Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raw files compression
Hi Wim,

Let me descript my "normal" way to process a picture nad maybe you can tell me what's wrong.... ( there may be a lot since I would describe myself as between a maybe good noice and a crappy amateur...)[Image: wink.gif]

1) Maye raw editor was a bad wording, I using Bibble 5 wich is acttually a raw converter.

2) In that particular piscture, there was a dark forground, and the the sun was almost in the picture, and the side of the sky was a mid blue.

3) I loaded the file, adjust the exposure a little, add a bit of contrast and play whit the color curve, then add sharpening and I ajusted highlight and filllight. I adjusted the top part and the bottom part separately.

I was arleady able to see banding in the sky.

4) normally I would save the pictue as Jpeg or tiff and that pretty much it.

Probably that using a Nd grad filter would have been a good idea there. And shoot 12 bit beacause I don't really have a choice.

I'm probably sure that the problem is comming from me....[Image: wink.gif] since the beggining of my adventure in the photografy world, I was the cause of the majority of my probleme[Image: laugh.gif]

But this time I not reallly sur here I did screw up.

And there a part of myself that is always searching a a good reason the buy a D7000.....[Image: rolleyes.gif]

Thank for the reply,

Frank

Messages In This Thread
Raw files compression - by Xastoul - 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Raw files compression - by wim - 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Raw files compression - by Xastoul - 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Raw files compression - by wim - 05-12-2012, 10:43 PM