Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report - Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4-5.6 ASPH OIS.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1333270548' post='17250']

That's sort of a stupid statement consider the fact that Pana is going to release a 12-35/2.8 in a few months.

They also mentioned that it doesn't make sense to provide faster lenses than f/2 which has also been negated already - even by Oly themselves.

There is just too much marketing BS out there.

"We don't have it so it cannot be done" or "We have it so it's the best ever since sliced bread" - you can condense marketing statements down to these two sentences.

[/quote]

Hi Klaus,

I am under the impression that the 12-35/2.8 is something like a moving target: 4 month from now, for quite some time. If that impression is correct, I am a bit inclined to take that as a confirmation that a fast zoom for contrast AF is not so easy, even for Panasonic. Also a 12-35 is not a 12-60.

Considering Olympus all their fast lenses are tiny prime lenses (I have a 12/2). On the one hand these handle better with a diminutive Pen (E-P1 in my case) on the other hand I am wondering whether Olympus decided, if we can't do a fast zoom lets do a few fast primes to keep folks happy. With me it is ok, I prefer the fast primes over a bucket sized fast zoom. But I know that I am not mainstream. I thought the Canon 24-70/2.8 was not my cattle of fish.

Best wishes

Joachim

enjoy

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report - Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4-5.6 ASPH OIS. - by joachim - 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM