Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT
They are better off not to publish them.  Big Grin Too many people would conclude too weird things out of it. There are a lot of variables in statistics. Roger often says, people don't care much about rented stuff (compared to owned stuff), and as the stuff basically is covered by insurance, there's some truth in it.

Then certain lenses or bodies are high in demand, but low in numbers in terms of being available to rent. The more often a lens goes out, the higher the possibility of a failure. 

Some devices and lenses they maintain and repair themselves, others go to service stations of manufacturers - if they ask for a lot of money, the possible repair becomes a total loss or goes to spare-parts stock. I think we can agree that repair is a good thing, toal loss because of damage generally a bad thing. But here are economical aspects changing the statistics.

Also, you know how easy we come to "fixed opinions" like metal = superb build quality", "goldring lenses of manufacturer X are build like tanks" and so on - but manufacturers constantly try to reduce costs and don't hesitate to do so at the cost of quality. A statistic only shows history - it doesn't promise the future of an item I plan to buy.

And with a look at lensrentals: Their statistic would show, how tough their stocked material is, how much bad treatment it can stand. Without this heavy duty use, lots of items will last longer than I have it in posession.

A good customer service will never make a bad lens good, but a bad one can execute lousy repair jobs - if a lens has to go to repair, so we're coming back to lenses which are made to never come back to the factory to repair.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Guest - 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 11:02 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by JJ_SO - 02-22-2017, 04:14 PM