Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Markus please stop dreaming of a D900 and update tests to a D850. I loved the D3x too
(03-25-2018, 09:39 PM)D900 Wrote: No, I don't know how it is, sir.

MS is an enthusiast and self-funding, I think, and is to be highly commended and encouraged.

I trust him reasonably, something I find increasingly tough to do with that dx ooo mark site, which is why photozone.de is so needed!

I love Nikon but to equate the sensor performance from a low to mid range Nikon half-frame dSLR with a top-of-the-range full-frame Canon dSLR is just bonkers as per dx ooo mark.

As to lens testing, even if we disregard the dx ooo mark number (which as they state gives a bonus for fast optics) and go for their "sharpness" number, we get absurdities like the Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF, which is fantastically sharp, ranked only #111 well below some twelve zooms.

They provide lots of mumbo-jumbo but ever since I saw them rate two P&S cameras' sensors 20 apart, and they both used exactly the same sensor and circuitry, I viewed dx ooo mark more as an entertainment site a la Rockwell.   Smile

First: Markus appears to be a bit off the grid, he also didn't reply to a mail. He was about to order a D850 - but even if he already got it, it will take time to adapt the testing procedure.

Second: Klaus tested some lenses on the 5D R and hesitated to make a final judgement because some of the lenses showed border and corner weaknesses which were less apparently in lower resolution.

Third: I don't know if you kow the website lenscore.org ? They appear to stopped their project in March 2017, but so far they tested a lot of new lenses. For that, they set up a rig witha 200 MP sensor and some optical device in front  to be able to test independent from camera sensors. Although I'm not sure if that approach is entirely good, it's one which treats all lenses equally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Markus please stop dreaming of a D900 and update tests to a D850. I loved the D3x too - by JJ_SO - 03-26-2018, 08:50 AM