08-06-2019, 01:25 PM
(08-06-2019, 01:21 PM)miro Wrote:(08-06-2019, 07:13 AM)pid=\48168 Wrote:Let’s face it. The data is as is. Rational think person will try to understand it and takes conclusion.
My finding so far are – traditional photography is becoming niche for
- Professionals – they will stay here for let’s say one or two decays. Sort of large/medium film format -> part two.
- Enthusiast– they will stay too, but forever. They value the image quality. Those that love dSLRs, or any traditional analogue/digital camera for that matter, won't or may have just a little interest in modern photography. That is also the reason why those people who have no previous interest in SLRs, may love smartphones.
We already have seen those trends in
- Swiss watches – Swiss watch owner will never wear apple watch. It is status it is symbol for them.
- Porsche owners will not switch to Tesla too.
- Paper& pen will exist forever even if PC, notebook, tablet, smartphone or smartwatch offer more – easy creation, share and archiving.
I’ve made a bold statement. It is good to explain the reasons.
1. I followed the photo-oriented sites and forums. “Canon Eos RP the new rebel” “Full frame mirrorless revolution”. “SIGMA ART series paves new way of….”
2. Lets go outside and look what the average person use.
3. Lets go amateur photo exhibition and talk with photography fellows.
4. Open google trends and ask him few questions. - https://trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US
5. Open financial data, sales numbers - e.g. CIPA monthly report.
Without the wish of being indiscrete, but what substances were smoked, drunk or else taken before hammering out this post?
It's just not fitting to the subject, to the thread title and appears to be at the wrong place.