Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your suggestions, my photos are on hard disks doing nothing....
Ask Flickr what? Who is waiting for another pointless Flickr poster? Ask Facebook what? Which the same friends are who always like whatever post you made? Ask Smugmug what? Why no one ever goes there? .....  .......... .. .

.... . . ...... .. . He asks about a gallery, and you only come up with 2 "social media" photoupload websites that have the attraction of a dead zombie, and Facebook. 

If it is about the pleasure of sharing to your friends, there is indeed Facebook, and I am quite sure that is not what Toni is looking for. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... ..........

As far as "social media" goes, only Instagram comes to mind. But that is not so much about a "gallery" than about a slowish, constant trickle of image posts to gain and keep an audience
[/quote]
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 No recommendations here for either Facebook or Smugmug ......just that they are popular photo sites and therefore there will attract views (which is after all what Toni was looking for) ......
   Though, I get the feeling that you just don't like publishing images on online photo-sites at all .... social or otherwise.

I'm happy with Flickr as a photo-site ....... because of it's ease of use and the fact that it is very active ..... groups and affiliations prevent the need to look at images I'm not interested in ..... such as street photography and sports.
     ....... So, the fact that somebody completely unknown to me, looks at my images and for no other reason other than by his own free-will .... follows, comments, votes or favourites ....... means at least that my time and effort isn't all for nothing!
   Though perhaps, I could take up basket weaving!  Smile

Here's a site I made earlier:

http://www.76stationroad.hippies.co.uk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your suggestions, my photos are on hard disks doing nothing.... - by davidmanze - 12-12-2019, 10:22 AM