Poll: Field lens test comparison (on APS-C)
35mm
50mm
85mm
Not interested
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested in head-to-head field comparison?
(12-18-2019, 07:44 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Apples oranges ..... what's the difference? ........ when your hungry !! Smile

From practical standpoint, the difference is that you should not eat the oranges with the peel. From medical perspective, it is not advised to eat acidic food on empty stomach. Go figure.

Had a brief interlude with the 35-ish mm lenses that have been shown. It's obvious that the Minolta MC Rokkor-HH 35mm F1.4 is the odd one out, but I have no intention selling.

The Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4 R was the second one beaten up big time by the big boys. Straight from F1.4 to F8 it's visibly not playing it the same league in terms of sharpness. I'm not selling that one either.

And this is where the MTF charts can help you make any decisions. I have never shot with Zeiss before so I'm still recovering from the shock. I have shot with Sigmas, have Sigmas, had other Sigmas, but because of the reviews, I had very high expectations... And the Art delivers! Somehow, Sigma has found a way not only to construct an amazingly sharp lens that shines straight from F1.4, but to add a smoother bokeh compared to some previous Arts, and even some art character. I will go as far as saying *SPOILER ALERT* it gave me less problems against bright light compared to the Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35, and it even kicked the later's  mount cap on the bokeh balls test... If I got the money, I would be buying both without even thinking for a second!

Too bad that the majority seems uninterested in this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interested in head-to-head field comparison? - by davidmanze - 12-18-2019, 08:02 AM
RE: Interested in head-to-head field comparison? - by davidmanze - 12-18-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Interested in head-to-head field comparison? - by faint - 12-19-2019, 08:00 PM