The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does anyone want to say anything about the EOS 90D compared to the 80D, 7D ii.
I like shooting telephoto, but since the demise of my last two APS-C Canons I have found I really miss the reach of my 70D.  For a while I thought I might be happy with an EOS R with its 30 megapixel sensor.  It would have more reach than I have now, shooting with my 5D mk ii, and it would have a much more modern imager and image processor.

Then 90D came along with 32MP pack into a 1.6x crop sensor.

All the old doubts came rushing back.  You know about pixel density and noise, and all that jazz.  It seems that nobody has any love for the EOS 5DSR with its measly 50MP sensor.  well, considering that the FF sensor has over 2.5x the area of the sensor of a 70D or 90D, I admit...I don't get it.  If the 70D had 20MP it would have about the same pixel desity as the 50MP 5DSR.

So the 32MP 90D would be comparable to a FF sensor with over 80MP.

Fine!  So I go to read the reviews on the 90D image quality.  Not much is said other than it is the best ##D so far.

When I said the doubts came rushing back, I meant that I used the same line of thought when I had my 70D.  Shouldn't this be a super hard on the lens imager?  It would be more that 50MP is it were scaled up to FF!

But...it was fine!  How about DLA?  You know what?  just between us guys, I think it acted just like...well...every camera I have ever had.  F/8 is good for detail.  F/11 is better if you have the light.  F/16 usually- but not always - looks softer.  Was it necessary to use sharper lenses to get the same results?  No.  Actually, just the opposite.  It was better able to use the sharpness inherent in most lenses. 

So I am a bit lost.  I dutifully read reviews and articles, but my best guess is that a 32MP aps-c sized sensor with a Digic-8 processor will give me much better telephoto results and that 1.6x focal length and 32MP will be a blessing.

So what say you?  Is the 90D's 32MP Dual Pixel sensor going to rock?  And if so, how tough could the 5DSR really be on a lens?  I bet it's a pussycat!

-Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone want to say anything about the EOS 90D compared to the 80D, 7D ii. - by Arthur Macmillan - 01-15-2020, 08:49 AM