Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon D6 announced
(02-12-2020, 08:56 AM)mst Wrote: ...
@JoJu: well, these are tools bought and used primarily by pros in challenging environments. Which means the most basic expectation on the user side is: this thing needs to work, no matter what. It's a conservative clientele, for sure. For journalism work, mirrorless cameras a becoming an alternative for some, but for the average sports shooter, there is no alternative to those heavy bricks. And likely also not to the optical viewfinder.

Well, the Sony ɑ9II also delivers and covers much more AF-points at higher fps. Anyway, both are nothing for me. For the AF-coverage I read, they reduced the AF points from 153 to 105, but all 105 can be selected and the higher number before were for the AF-points between the selectable ones. I still think it's pointless to throw R&D resources at this project. 

But then, I guess a few engineers at Nikon who haven't gone (Roger Cigala of LensRentals ocasionally mentioned he's meeting a surprising number of ex-Nikon-engineers) by now will spend the time until retirement with DSLR pampering. That rumor about many engineers looking for new jobs might be just a rumor, but usually a grain of truth is in a lot of rumors.

I don't think, Nikon will launch a mirrorless Pro body very soon - ad if so, I don't think many pro's would actually pay for using it. Maybe along their D5/D6, but for sure not exclusively.

Messages In This Thread
Nikon D6 announced - by mst - 02-12-2020, 07:34 AM
RE: Nikon D6 announced - by davidmanze - 02-12-2020, 08:29 AM
RE: Nikon D6 announced - by JJ_SO - 02-12-2020, 08:38 AM
RE: Nikon D6 announced - by mst - 02-12-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Nikon D6 announced - by JJ_SO - 02-12-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: Nikon D6 announced - by mst - 02-12-2020, 10:25 AM