Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's got photo-gear dropping into their Christmas stocking?
  I had been patiently waiting after seeing on my "Bon Coin" site the Sigma Sport 150-600 come up for sale nearby, I made a rendez-vous and the next day the guy canceled because his daughter was seriously ill, I dropped it for a couple of weeks and then sent a message....no response, so I waited a little longer and rang again. his daughter had recovered considerably and his obvious worries about her health had abated somewhat....

So I picked up the lens yesterday, it had only taken 300 shots, the guy apologized for having canceled and dropped the price by €50, we chatted photos for over two hours, he's published several photo books of the region. We also discussed LBA, he also suffers from it worse than I,  he's selling lots of gear including D4s and  his Fuji stuff to buy a AF-S 500mm F4 VR.

Just tested it quickly, OK overall, lovely build quality, I ordered the dock, my friend arrives in a few days so the Tamron will have a new home, that lens has given me more pleasure than any lens I have ever bought. All in all it's been a good year with much of my spending being financed by selling gear.(you know I almost believed that)

This time I promised that my lens buying days are over......err .this time!

Thanks Toni!

JoJu, CS6 does'n't support D500 RAWs so I have to convert to Adobe DNG, so I know what you mean, a pain in the veritable!

Messages In This Thread
Who's got photo-gear dropping into their Christmas stocking? - by davidmanze - 12-15-2016, 10:42 AM