Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus spins off its camera business ...
(06-25-2020, 10:25 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:25 AM)wim Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:42 AM)Klaus Wrote: You know what's funny?

Hours prior to the announcement I ordered an E-M5 III kit.
But yes, I cancelled the order ...
I understand the feeling.

However, the quality of the camera has not become less due to this announcement Smile.

Kind regards, Wim

Well, if you have the choice between Panasonic and Olympus ... what's the more sensible choice now (if MFT at all)?

What I'm really pissed off about (as an Olympus shooter, not as a reviewer) - during the last months they mentioned several times that they will not sell. 

I could have lived with a spin-off where they remain the (majority) owner. However, having seen what JIP did to VAIO (having owned a VAIO laptop back in the days), I'll not be along for the ride with them.
Funnily enough, I still own 2 VAIOs, from before the Sony sell-off, although I also own 2 HP Spectras these days "Smile.

It looks like it is still going to be business as usual this year regarding Olympus. I heard from a very reliable source they are still going ahead with any releases they planned this year, as per the schedule.
Also, their products generally last a (very) long time, so personally I see no reason to divest, or not invest. I still would like one specific Oly lens to complete my MFT setup, and this won't stop me buying it Smile.

Personally, I do prefer Oly over Panansonic, because I like the results from my Oly gear better than what I get from Panasonic - not bad, but different - and since I am not someone shooting video .... Smile

Of course I am still invested in Canon as well, and that won't change either. I did sell the used Phase One (rebranded Mamiya really) I got, however. It was just too bulky, and parts are totally unavailable except for the newer models which are not affordable for "normal" people anayway.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-24-2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-25-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by wim - 06-25-2020, 10:39 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-25-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-26-2020, 09:26 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-26-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-26-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-28-2020, 12:48 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 06-28-2020, 10:30 AM
RE: Olympus spins off its camera business ... - by davidmanze - 07-01-2020, 05:13 PM