Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours???
Another question then, but before I agree that Nikon is not doing great in mirrorless pioneering Smile

"plus a host of bells and whistles that pretty much made the camera the best APSc mirror-less out there."

Do you have one?

Did you work with one?

Honestly, my approach to cameras with bells and whistles is like closing my ears to that noise. Not because I hate them, I'm just to slow to learn and use them at a proper moment. That's also what scares me in this deal. My next Nikon doesn't need more game boys programming huge amounts of bells and whistles. I would be happy to see less of them, but if I'd need them, I'd be happy to remote control it with an iPad or something external. All those menus in contemporary cameras don't exactly make photography easier, but failure more possible.

Examples? On my recent trip I tried to flash a small figure. Came out totally low. Why? I've set the internal flash to remote control an external one, so it was running on low light. A deep dive in the menu solved the issue, but took some time. Occasionally I used prefects and reframed after focusing. Camera didn't release because of focus priority. Switch to manual focus solved that, but subject was long gone. Time lapse video, a real complex thing to set up because of the tiny screen.

Most of these things were fiddly at best to get to. In an app like QDSLR there are much more settings, but they can be overseen better. Each new function is as well a new distraction. And the way Nikon does it, is sometimes more complicated than it had to be.

Messages In This Thread
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by JJ_SO - 12-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-03-2015, 08:04 PM