Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro D macro (FX)
A little unexpected maybe... but hey, it's still a current product Wink Not an outstandingly exciting one, though...

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/81...10028atxfx

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Looks pretty decent to me, however how do you rate its flare ?

flare has been a major issue with Tokinas in the past

By the way, the Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro D macro uses a Pentax-patented optical formula, that of the F / FA / D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro which wad licensed to Tokina (among several others) when the then independent and listed Pentax company struggled to survive.

The first incarnation, the smc Pentax-F 1:2.8 100mm Macro, dates back to 1987. The latest and still current one is the smc Pentax-D FA 1:2.8 100mm Macro WR.

I'm using tokina 100 macro for more than 10 years. Moslty on my canon 50D

Lens is as sharp - Bokeh CA - fins a workarround - shooting BW or loca reduce of saturation in Photoshop

Flare resistance is good for Tokina lens but far behind my Sigma 150 non OS macro

My copy shows front focus by distance more than 7...10meters.

Easy to solve with AFMA

Another issue is the aperture PCB, but if you are handy - the PCB costs 5 Euro

Do I gonna buy this lens again - no is sigma 105 OS IF is just 50..70euro more

[proofreader mode]

"gold old screw-drive for autofocus instead."

[/proofreader mode]
Big Grin
It's certainly not "gold", and it being "good" is also debatable. Smile I hated such lenses with a passion when I had the misfortune of using them. Thankfully it was all the way back in the (personal) Mesozoic era. Big Grin
Luv it!  :lol: Keep 'em coming.

Oops, sorry, somehow missed your hint. good/gold now replaced by old-fashioned Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com