Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet the latest team member ...
B)

Ok, it's not the Titanium edition but the price tag was just too hot.

Congrats!

How do you like it so far?

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Congrats!

How do you like it so far?

Well, it arrived 30min ago ... :-)

It's an interesting sight to have the E-M5 II side by side with the EOS 5Ds R. ;-)

Unfortunately the Oly 7-14 wasn't part of the delivery. :-(
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Quote:Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yeah, especially with activated electronic shutter and my 12-40/2.8 attached to it.  Tongue
Quote:Yeah, especially with activated electronic shutter and my 12-40/2.8 attached to it.  Tongue
How (bad?) is the rolling shutter with electronic shutter activated?
Quote:How (bad?) is the rolling shutter with electronic shutter activated?

I don't do movies ...
I posted this bit in the Panasonic lens thread, but it deserves repeating here. DPR started testing with the high-resolution mode of the E-M5 II and found it slightly more demanding than the native resolution:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9669965...comparison

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Resolutions are going up, and some of our tried and true glass is having trouble meeting the demands. The first to fall behind was the (otherwise excellent) Olympus 45mm F1.8. It never had a problem with the "sweet sixteen" Micro Four Thirds resolution standard, but shots on the pixel-shift high resolution mode of the E-M5 II left much sharpness to be desired. That was remedied with the borderline ridiculous $1,600 lens made from what has to be glass from the fires of Mordor; the Panasonic 42.5mm F1.2 Nocticron. That much bread for a Micro Four Thirds lens goes against everything (we think) the system stands for, which is why the Olympus 45mm F1.8 still serves as our studio lens."
Quote:I don't do movies ...
Does not mean you won't have rolling shutter... Pan and take an image with the electronic shutter activated, and inspect the verticals.
Quote:Does not mean you won't have rolling shutter... Pan and take an image with the electronic shutter activated, and inspect the verticals.

I never had issues on the Pana GH3 (or on the X-T1) so given the similarities of the sensor I am not worried.

However, I am indeed concerned about the negative impacts caused by mirror/shutter shocks.