Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced
Quote:   I still can't quite come to terms with the fact that, you have all that body and grip with a decent size lens.......... and it looks great by the way especially in black!.......with all that technology...

........and all to make a tiny rectangle of light 17x13mm.... Wink

Smile

It still is way, way smaller, and hence much more portable, than my 5D II with, e.g., the 85L, while, for all intents and purposes delivering more than enough IQ for what I need and want.

This is what it is all about in the end: different tools for different purposes, needs and wants.

I also find it quite funny that people talk about, e.g. , flare magnets, while, f.e, FF Nikkor lenses are known to be flare magnets as well. It is just a matter, in the end, about careful photography, rather than trying to get the best flares out of a lens Smile.

I happen to have the Panasonic 7-14 F/4, which is "known" to give purple spots and such under specific circumstances. I can assure you that I have never seen any. Similarly, I have shot the Nikkor 14-24 F/2.8 for a while, on my 5D II for that matter, with G-adapter, and I have never encountered any problems either.

I feel sorry for those who have to zoom in on the faults rather than the positives of lenses and cameras, especially if they do not even have any experience shooting with said equipment. It does seem at times that somehow people need to justify their own choices for equipment by bashing the competition.

Do note that Klaus has indicated several times that his preference goes to MFT for personal shooting. Considering the number of camera/lens combination tested here, I reckon that must count for something <ROFL>.

Also note that I still shoot FF, and that I will not stop doing so. Again, different tools for different purposes/occasions.

Besides all this, looking at the rendering of the 45 Pro, it looks very similar to the 25 Pro, with very nice transitions from OOF to in focus areas, both in front of the focus plane and behind it, which, BTW, is very, very difficult to obtain from an optical design POV. This makes me an instant fan. Even the 50L or 85L do not render this nicely.

I will test one when I can get my hands on one, and will take it from there. Looking good, however Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 10-26-2017, 12:59 PM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by davidmanze - 10-27-2017, 05:55 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by wim - 10-27-2017, 09:28 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 11-22-2017, 05:05 AM
New Olympus F/1.2 primes officially announced - by Guest - 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM