Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 USM L IS II
Quote:Klaus, this was fast.

Will this lens work/af with 1.4x extenders on a 6D?

Talking about extenders, you should add 1.4x resolution results to the review. Many will be deciding between this and tamron/sigma 150-600s and it will help.

Also I will appreciate the close focus results as the MFD is good.

And lastly, focus breathing Smile What's the focal length at 400mm at 10 feet?

Well done,

Nde

When you use a Kenko  TC, the center AF point probably will still work ok in good light.

The focus breathing, I can't answer what it is like at 10 feet (about 3 meters). 

I just figured out what it is like at MFD (comparable to what the 70-200mm's from Canon have FOV wise):

http://forum.photozone.de/index.php?/top...n/?p=28419
Hi, please PLEASE repeat the tests on a crop body, ideally comparing it to the version 1 (which unfortunately means you'd have to test it again on the 15MP testing body).  There are a lot of birders looking at the 7D II/100-400 II combo right now, so performance on pixel-dense sensors is very important, even if those sensors are small.  

In short, please compare this lens to others on a crop body.  Thanks for the quick review!

I have just uploaded some sample images into the review.

Quote:Hi, please PLEASE repeat the tests on a crop body, ideally comparing it to the version 1 (which unfortunately means you'd have to test it again on the 15MP testing body).  There are a lot of birders looking at the 7D II/100-400 II combo right now, so performance on pixel-dense sensors is very important, even if those sensors are small.  

In short, please compare this lens to others on a crop body.  Thanks for the quick review!

At some stage I may do this but not on the short term.

First I will have to see how it goes with the Tamron 150-600mm on full format.
Very Stupid Question: do somebody figure out how it performs on a Sony E-Mount via adapters? Also for what concerns focusing speed.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.