Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal reflection issue with (some?) D750 (s)
Now you confuse me. You say your D750 does not show this issue at all, and yet you now seem to want to say that this issue is normal, as the D810 also shows it? 

It may well be that the D810 also has pretty reflective surfaces in the mirror box, but the D750 seems to be more prone to it (see all the other D750 samples).

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/the-...-news.html

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers...MWQ3Ym0%3D

Recall:

http://petapixel.com/2015/01/14/nikon-d7...-underway/

The "end of discussion" is that Nikon has taken the D750 off the market for a temporary period and pulled back stock from dealers. Still no problem Claus? 

It is worrisome that Nikon again has a QC problem with a new product. This time they seem to at least act "resonably" quickly, but they are undermining the confidence their users have had in this product. I have changed my kit to Olympus OMD EM1 and couldn't be happier, although I miss my D700 and the good glass. I was on the verge on going with a D750 and then the rumours started and my decision was made based on the trouble with the D600 and now the D750. I am not alone in my market place, france. I see more and more pros using the XT 1 or the OMD EM1 and the older they are, the more frequent it seems to be. Size and weight about sums it up, combined with unbelievable specs and IQ, although one has to stick to good glass. 

Nikon has to wake up and the Board needs to change the President soon!

Every manufacture has quality control problems.  The big ones (Canon, Nikon) and the high profile ones (Leica, Zeiss, Schneider, etc) are subject to more frequent and harsher criticism due to their larger userbases.

I think part of what has people worried is that Nikon has had more than their share of problems with new bodies recently. There was the D800 AF issue, then the D600 shutter/oil spots. Now the D750 also? No one is perfect, but Nikon have more room for improvement than most.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Every manufacture has quality control problems.  The big ones (Canon, Nikon) and the high profile ones (Leica, Zeiss, Schneider, etc) are subject to more frequent and harsher criticism due to their larger userbases.

True, but the recent Nikon ones show signs of sending product too fast to market, without proper quality and reliability control. The consequence; people will hesitate buying a new Nikon product until it has been debugged! Pros don't want to have to change a product for these reasons, so rather than running the risk, they change brands. 

Both Nikon and Canon are having product spec issues compared to the more advanced manufacturers, like Olympus, Panasonic and Samsung, not to speak of Sony and the more such quality problems appear, the easier the road to conversion to mirrorless, for example, which was my case.
All manufactures have had issues lately, all manufactures have had issues for all of time.  Canon recently had a light leak in the 5D3 from the top LCD that appeared if you did an extremely long exposure in utter darkness... this is not such a big deal.  Nikon has had an issue with the D750 submirror assembly that appears under very specific conditions, again not some huge issue.  Mirrorless manufactures have also had many issues, yet they get a free pass?  Olympus produced just 200,000 EM-5s.  Not sold, produced.  Canon sold 5,000,000 rebels alone the same year.  Canon and Nikon's userbases are enormous, thus even small issues in their produces are brought to light where less popular tools are not so heavily tested.  There are also biases in play as well, such as the bias against DSLRs for their age and advanced market position.

Scythels, you have a valid argument/data for photo industry , but VS is saying that 3 flops in row is bad publicity, it simply changes customers perception.