Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark)
Well urm, my 2c (my opinion is cheap), I would say that looking at my pictures, taken in difficult conditions in the field - Consisting of very familiar subject matter (skin);  In difficult hi-con deep shadow and light;  Processed by (imo the best) C1/8: Tells me that my current camera (100D, 18mp DXO rating 63 +lens, 55-250stm) is making pictures that are equal to or (imo) better than any other camera I've had (D2X, A900, 7D, 70D) and not noticeably different from a friends D700.

I know I know what you'll say, but I've been looking at these pictures a long time. Admittedly my lighting/portrait distance/atmospheric conditions/lens have not been not perfect, and no doubt the DR isn't there at the extreme, but....

This is not to deny the fact that this site should be testing on the best available gear, it obviously should....my opinion is regarding personal use.

All my above rabbeting on brings me to another question:- How long does a sensor last in bringing you the user the quality pictures after, say, a couple of years that it did on day one?....For me the answer might be not a really long time in that I believe I've moved on to new gear due to low-con rez deteriorating such as to be obvious after some time (again, observing in the field shots).....If so does a $3000 camera have a 6 times longer life than a $500 camera....If so my current camera won't live long at all :-) ....Sorry, I shouldn't look in here from time to time and make silly comments.

Messages In This Thread
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by soLong - 11-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM