Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark)
The buffer sizes of D7000 and D7100 are more or less the same. It's just the file sizes which fills the D7100 quicker. Nikon could have given a little bit more into it.

Is there a reason to shoot with D7000 further on? Why not get a D810 and use it's DX size, if you have to test DX lenses? I already sold most of my DX bodies. If I need fast fps (or what Nikon calls fast…), I switch to DX, have still 15.36 MP, huge buffering (with a Sandisk Extreme Pro it slows down after 68 DX 14 bit losless Raws @ 6fps, JPG much longer…) What would be the advantage of a Nikon Pro DX like a D400? Ergonomics, speed (fps) and AF of 7DII is hard to beat at this price. And on the other hand, one gets already a D610 and full frame at around the same money or less… Which has the "better" IQ?

It's always nice to see how much DxO is hated or despised, depending on their "victim". As far as I know, they do use the same system for all sensors… So even if their scoring has weaknesses, those are the same for each manufacturer. Mind you, photozone has also a weakness which is testing only one copy of a lens. These days I don't mind much about those testings, I rent the lens in question and see if I'm happy with it. And after that, I try to ignore tests  Rolleyes

Here's another Hands-On of the 7DII in German and with pictures from which I can't discover a bad camera.  Smile There's certainly more than DxO scores. I'm pretty certain DxO would rate a Foveon sensor very low although resolutionwise, it equals 36 MP at base ISO and not too huge contrast.

Messages In This Thread
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by Guest - 11-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by soLong - 11-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by JJ_SO - 11-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Canon EOS 7D II - poor sensor (DxO Mark) - by mst - 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM