Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-mount roadmap 2014
Latest update

Luckily real road maps aren't like this or nobody would know where they are going or when they will get there!

The Fuji 140-400 F4-5.6 is scheduled for the end of 2015 and we already know loads about it price and all.

The two Pentax telephotos have been talked about for a year or so and still nobody knows what they are going to be, how do Pentax expect their users/customers  base to make any sort of photographic plans on their future gear when they keep everybody in the dark until the final announcement and then it's two years late and just to add additional uncertainty they add  "subject  to market situations" The tele-converter was in the pipeline for four years.

Their FF intentions are as vague as ever ie, "under development .subject to market trends"  and are leading to a migration from Pentax for anyone who is serious about FF now, so only the die-hards are still waiting, mostly with aging  manual lenses. The wise have bought Nikon!

One thing is for certain it's not a system for the aged!

Quote:Luckily real road maps aren't like this or nobody would know where they are going or when they will get there!

The Fuji 140-400 F4-5.6 is scheduled for the end of 2015 and we already know loads about it price and all.

The two Pentax telephotos have been talked about for a year or so and still nobody knows what they are going to be, how do Pentax expect their users/customers  base to make any sort of photographic plans on their future gear when they keep everybody in the dark until the final announcement and then it's two years late and just to add additional uncertainty they add  "subject  to market situations" The tele-converter was in the pipeline for four years.

Their FF intentions are as vague as ever ie, "under development .subject to market trends"  and are leading to a migration from Pentax for anyone who is serious about FF now, so only the die-hards are still waiting, mostly with aging  manual lenses. The wise have bought Nikon!

One thing is for certain it's not a system for the aged!

Honestly - if I was a Pentax user I would be relaxed.

PERSONALLY I would have:

- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6

- P 17-70mm f/2.8-4

- P 60-250mm f/4 + 1.4x converter

- P 77mm f/1.8

and I could be rather happy actually.

Few things are missing in their lineup. The only worrisome aspect is that they don't seem to refresh their designs anymore.
Quote:Honestly - if I was a Pentax user I would be relaxed.

PERSONALLY I would have:

- Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6

- P 17-70mm f/2.8-4

- P 60-250mm f/4 + 1.4x converter

- P 77mm f/1.8

and I could be rather happy actually.

Few things are missing in their lineup. The only worrisome aspect is that they don't seem to refresh their designs anymore.
There's not a lot to be unhappy about there, those lenses will give you very sharp results on the K3, however the Pentax 17-70 is an F4 constant, did you mean the Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4? personally i'd take the Tamron 17-50 every time or the Sigma 17-50 to get sharper corners, if you weren't impressed by the A6000's peripheries!